Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Essential Care organic lip balm review


Lip Silk Essential Care lip balm is just the most amazing lip balm I've ever tried. It's soothing and healing, keeps your lips feeling supple, it lasts brilliantly and it tastes great. Lip Silk stays on well through eating and drinking and I think it's the best protection against those cold winter winds. It's also certified organic so there's no nasty chemicals to worry about.

I used Lip Silk for the first time a couple of weeks ago at the onset of a cold sore. My lips healed really quickly without the usual messy, weeping scab that usually accompanies the irritating tingle and general nerve pain. Any fellow cold sore sufferers will know what a joy they are.

One of the problems with cold sores is that as they heal the skin dries out. So when you smile your lip splits open and the whole healing process needs to begin again.

However, if you can keep the skin supple the cold sore will be able to heal and you can smile without falling apart. Which is always a bonus. Who wants to look grumpy and scabby!

I started using Essential Care lip balm at the first tingle and whenever I felt that my lips were getting a bit dry I would slap some more on. However it does last incredibly well so I wasn't applying it that often. I'd put some on last thing at night and my lips would still feel nourished and silky in the morning. Not stuck together so that they split as soon as you open your mouth! (a common cold sore phenomenon).

My cold sore didn't amount to much and healed completely within just 4 days. I think this was largely due to the nourishing and healing ingredients in the lip balm and the fact that my lips didn't split once.

Lip Silk has a rich base of shea butter and calendula and a slight taste of orange essential oil. It also contains rosemary essential oil which helps skin regenerate. At £4.50 it's not the cheapest lip balm on the market but it works so well that I think it's worth every penny.